Thursday, February 5, 2009

Arance Rosse



Blood oranges are in season! Ever since I went to Italy I've been really into blood oranges. It's kind of hard to find them here so when they're in season it's really exciting. When I ordered an OJ in Italy, at I think the train station in Rome, it was blood orange juice and I loved it. They're less acidic than regular oranges and I also kind of feel like they have a more complex flavor. My favorite brunch place used to have lemon poppy pancakes with blood orange syrup on their menu and they were amazing. I kind of did a spin on it the other day but made toasted pecan pancakes instead. Also instead of plain syrup I made like a chunkier, compote-y type thing . Either way it was really good and I wish blood oranges were more available in the states.

No comments: