Friday, December 12, 2008

England's West Coast

When I did a semester in London we got to go on a free weekend trip. I chose to go on the Cornwall one because it sounded fun, pretty, and beachy. It was and I loved it. We got to stay at a surf lodge-type place, see loads of gorgeous scenery, and visit the Eden Project. Here are some of the pics I took with a horrendously bad/old digital camera:



This is my current desktop (and has been for awhile) and was taken in St. Ives. I'd totally love to live there for a summer. It's full of hilly, windy streets, cute shops, and very friendly people.




This is another of St. Ives. It's such a beautiful place.




These two are actually scanned. I took them with my SLR and scanned them with my all-in-one printer/scanner/fax so that's where the weird horizontal lines are from. I love how tropical they look, even though they are anything but tropical.
It's basically on somewhere on a stop between London and Newquay on a warm February day.





These last two are from inside the temperate biome at the Eden Project. The flowers are kind of overly photoshopped but I like the effect. I also like how it looks like a kind of alien landscape.

No comments: